Friday 4 July 2008

Introducing... Jasmina Krupic

In our inaugural post on Craft Victoria makers, Clog is excited to present an insight into the work and life of Jasmina Krupic. Jasmina's eponymous label Jasmina Krupic features her signature delicately crafted sterling silver cups with pops of colour, and the very-talented Ms Krupic is currently working on some new designs that are sure to delight!

I am inspired by...
Materials and Processes. Little accidents inspire me. I like the unique marks they can leave on surfaces. Often I am inspired by objects. At the Camberwell Market I came across a vintage foldable Flash Unit. I fell in love with this beautiful object. It has inspired my current collection.

I make...
Hand made, unique treasures; objects that can be worn as pendants, rings, earrings and brooches.

What materials do you use?
At the moment I am using predominantly silver, mixed with white gold, silk thread and enamel paint. Sometimes I work with found objects combining them with more precious materials to create one-off pieces.

The first thing I do in the morning is...

Feed my cat.

And the last thing before bed...
Often, to clear my mind so I can sleep, I like to write my to-do list for the next day.

This weekend I am looking forward to...
Catching up with a friend that came back from her 10 month trip to Holland.

And one thing I can't live without is...
Doing the thing I am most passionate about - making my work.


No comments: