Coming up this Thursday and Friday evening is highly anticipated annual event, the Nicholas Building Open Studios. Enjoy poking around through 8 floors and 29 studios and galleries in one of Melbourne's most diverse collection of artist studios.
We're extra keen on visiting several of Craft Victoria's stockists, supporters, exhibitors, pals and a whole lot of jewellers including
- Emma Grace and Nadine Treister (floor 4, studio 11)
- Natalia Milosz-Piekarska & Karla Way (floor 5, studio 9) who will be exhibiting at Craft Vic in October
- Jin Ah Jo (floor 7, studio 12)
- Open Studios producer Vikki Kassioras (floor 7, studio 10)
- Craft Hatch graduate and recent addition to COUNTER Naoko Inuzuka who is sharing a studio with another CV supporter Helen Bowman (floor 8, studio 21)
- Past Craft Hatch participants Amina McPhee, Rhiannon Smith and Lisa Engelhardt (floor 9, studio 17)
Phew! What a lot of jewellers! Not forgetting of course the very lovely and wonderful artist Nicholas Jones (floor 7, studio 4) and Peter O'Connor (floor 4, studio 13).
Here's a peek at what to expect:
Serena Lindeman, milliner (floor 6, studio 2)
Vikki Kassioras, jeweller (floor 7, studio 10)
Clare Whitney, painting & printmaking (floor 8, studio 2)
l'ucello, vintage haberdashery (floor 2, studio 5)